1. General Definitions
- [you] – the customer/site user.
- [your] – belonging to the customer/site user.
- [us] – Gizmotec Limited.
- [we] – Gizmotec Limited.
- [our] – belonging to Gizmotec Limited.
- [Gizmotec] – Gizmotec Limited.
- [website] – gizmotec.co.uk.
- [site] – gizmotec.co.uk.
- [device] – the product to which the repair case/quotation relates to.
- [unit] – the product to which the repair case/quotation relates to.
- [repair] (as a noun) – repair case.
- [repair case] – the device and any repair works and administrative tasks associated to the device.
- [parts] – internal and/or external components used to enable a device to be operational.
- [labour] – processes undertaken by our staff in attempts to restore the device to a working state.
- [third party] – anyone other than Gizmotec.
2. Your Use Of This Website
- These terms and conditions set out the terms on which you may use http://gizmotec.co.uk/
- By using this website, you accept these terms and conditions of use. If you do not agree with these terms and conditions, you should stop using this website.
- We reserve the right to suspend or terminate your access to this website at any time and at our discretion without notice.
- We reserve the right to make changes to the website terms and conditions as required, dependent on operational changes.
3. Content & Accuracy Of Information
- The information on this website is provided on an ‘as is’ basis. Although we make reasonable efforts to ensure that the information on this website is correct, we give no representations, warranties or guarantees that the content of this website is accurate, complete or up to date.
- Some information on this website is taken from sources external to us or is of a type that changes frequently. In particular, we do not guarantee the accuracy and currency of information about prices, compensation limits and conditions, delivery times, packaging requirements, posting restrictions and prohibitions and conditions.
- We do not necessarily share the opinions expressed on, or endorse the material appearing in, external content published on this website.
- We may make changes to the contents of this website, including to the descriptions and prices of goods and services advertised, at any time and without notice
- We will endeavour to keep to the quoted price, however this is not always achievable. In such cases you will be contacted by our customer support team prior to any work commencing. Please note that any additional costs will only be applicable if we discover additional faults that were not previously specified during the quotation process. Presuming that you accurately report the defect/s with your device, the initially quoted price will be accurate.
- Faulty devices should be received by us within fourteen  days of booking your repair to ensure that your repair case remains open/active. If after fourteen  days we have not received your device, the repair case will be closed and you will need to submit a new quotation request to reflect any market changes to costs and materials.
- All prices advertised are inclusive of VAT and return delivery charges except where otherwise stated.
- The no fix, no fee policy (can be viewed in section thirteen ) is only applicable to any cost attributed to parts, labour and return postage relating to the individual repair case. This excludes any pre-agreed use of the offered Royal Mail Postage Service or Courier Collection Service. See Payment section for further details.
5. Sending/Shipping To Gizmotec
- When confirming your repair quotation you will have various options available to you, so that you may to send your device to us.
- You can choose to make your own shipping arrangements. In this instance we recommend you use a service that incorporates some form of tracking. All liability regarding this process will be your own.
- You can choose to use the Royal Mail Postage Service which is Royal Mail 48 Tracked. This service will cost £4.50 (inclusive of VAT), which will become payable when we send a payment request. If this service is selected then you will receive a pre-paid Royal Mail label via email, which will need to be printed and attached to your parcel. Please take your packaged device to your local post office. Please refrain from depositing into a post box, as this may cause delays in the service and even result in your parcel becoming lost. Ensure you get a receipt from the Post Office so you can track your parcel. Failure to obtain a receipt may mean we will be unable to confirm that your parcel has been received by Royal Mail, and thus invalidate any claim you may make regarding missing or lost parcels.
- You can choose to use our Courier Collection Service. We use United Parcel Service (UPS). This service will cost £11.99 (inclusive of VAT) which will be payable when we send payment request. You will receive a UPS label from us via email and instructions on how to send your device. UPS will collect your parcel from your address.
- When sending your device to us, ensure you have followed the instructions as per the quotation acceptance email. If the instructions are not clearly followed this may result in your repair case being delayed. Please ensure you safely package your device so that it will not sustain any further damage throughout the shipping process. We cannot be held responsible for any damage sustained to the device when being sent from yourself to us. If upon receipt of your device, we discover additional faults, then we will contact you to notify you of such and issue an updated repair quotation for the reparation works. For further information please see Additional Repair Works in section seven .
- In the unlikely and rare event a device is lost in transit, please notify us via email and we will endeavour to process the claim as quickly as possible. Please note this may take up to twenty eight  days to be processed before any further action can be taken. See the Insurance section twenty two  for more information.
6. Repair Process & Delays
- We aim to start all repair works on the day we receive your unit. We complete the majority of repairs within twelve to twenty four [12-24] hours (one to two [1-2] days) of receipt but this is only applicable if we have the required parts in stock and available to assign to your repair case.
- Parts that we do not have in stock at the point we diagnose your unit/s will be ordered at the earliest available opportunity. Please allow five to ten [5-10] days when this is the case.
- If for some reason your device needs a little more time and attention, we will keep you updated with new estimated completion times via email or via the website messaging service.
- Any estimated completion times provided by us do not constitute a binding agreement. We will always endeavour to meet estimated completion times, but at times this may not be possible.
7. Additional Repair Works
- All devices sent to us will undergo stringent testing and diagnosis prior to repair to ensure the best possible repair is executed. We may also find issues not reported or even previously known about – in these instances you will be contacted by our customer support team and updated with a new quote where applicable.
- If you decide to decline the new quotation, we will give you the option to either return the device unrepaired or carry out the relevant repairs as per the original quotation.
- Should the new quotation be refused you will still be liable to pay any costs associated to the pre-agreed use of the offered Royal Mail Postage Service or Courier Collection Service. For more information see Payment in section nine .
8. Non-Refundable Repairs
- Select repairs are not warrantable and therefore non-refundable, this includes any work undertaken on liquid damaged units, where the printed circuit board (PCB) has been previously exposed to liquid ingress.
- Upon receipt of your device if we discover the presence of liquid ingress we will notify you prior to undertaking any works to seek your approval, that we may continue with scheduled repair works.
- If you decline your device will be returned to you. You will still be liable to pay any costs associated to the pre-agreed use of the offered Royal Mail Postage Service or Courier Collection Service. The return of your unrepaired device will still be free of charge and you will not be charged for any labour or diagnostics undertaken by us in this instance.
- Payments can be made online following the secure link sent to you via email. Accepted payment methods include Visa, Visa Debit, Mastercard, Maestro, Paypal and other types as specified on the payment request email.
All repair payment requests are made upon successful completion of your repair. If you previously agreed to use our Royal Mail Postage Service or Courier Collection Service the cost for this will be separately detailed in the repair request email notification.
- If for any reason we are unable to complete the repair on your device, you will still be liable to pay any costs associated to the pre-agreed use of the offered Royal Mail Postage Service or Courier Collection Service. The return of your unrepaired device will still be free of charge and you will not be charged for any labour or diagnostics undertaken by us in this instance, as per the No Fix, No Fee policy in section thirteen .
- We require payment upon successful repair of your device, at which point a payment request will be issued to you via email and a site notification. Failure to pay within twenty eight  days will result in us taking possession of your device so that we may recover any expenses paid by ourselves. This includes, but is not limited to, cost of parts, cost of labour, cost of already used Postage Services or Courier Collection Services, administration charges incurred as a result of the payment failure. Past this period you will have no right to the return of your device and you are authorising us to dispose of the unit in any way we deem appropriate.
- Refunds may take three to five [3-5] working days to be credited to your account. Please note we will be unable to take any further action on refunds processed but not received until this time frame has elapsed.
10. Delivery To You
- Once all required works are concluded on your order and payment has been made in full, we will dispatch your device the same day, providing payment is made by 15:00. This does not include orders where an additional level of insurance has been requested which require payment by 11:00 to ensure same day dispatch. For orders where payment is received after these times then those orders will be shipped on the next available working day (Monday to Friday, excludes Saturday and Sunday).
- All orders include our Free Post Returns Service by Royal Mail 24 Tracked. Our Free Post Returns Service insures loss of items up to £100.00. If you would like to insure your item for a higher value, please select the appropriate shipping option. The cost associated will be clearly listed. Any goods shipped to you must be examined upon receipt – see section ten  point six .
- Royal Mail state that they aim to deliver the next working day – click here to read more. However, in certain circumstances it may take up to ten  working days, please click the link to read Royal Mail’s Terms And Conditions.
- If for any reason you need to change the shipping address we will be dispatching your device to, please contact us before the item has been marked as dispatched. You can do this by contacting us via email with details of your new address. Please note we will not be able to change an address registered on your account/repair case via verbal confirmation. Gizmotec cannot be held liable for any losses directly or indirectly incurred through the inaccurate recording of address details, or whereby an address change is notified verbally.
- If you provide additional information when requesting a repair, asking for specific requests or dates, we cannot guarantee this request will be fulfilled. However, we do aim for repairs to be dispatched within a period of five to ten [5-10] working days, unless any unforeseen issues occur, which you will be informed about.
- If you receive your parcel but there is damage to your device please contact our customer support team as soon as possible, but no longer than two  days from the date of receipt, at [email protected]. Please make sure you do not throw away any of the packaging as we will need this sent back with the item so we can proceed with any required claim. If you are unable to provide evidence of the original packaging we may not be able to proceed with the claim and repair the device. Please note, claims may take twenty eight  days to complete.
- In the unlikely and rare event a device is lost in transit, please notify us via email and we will endeavour to process the claim as quickly as possible. Please note this may take up to twenty eight  days to be processed before any further action can be taken. For further information on insurance please refer to section twenty two .
- All repairs (with the exception of software related, battery and liquid damaged devices) come with a twelve  month warranty. This excludes faults relating to physical or accidental damage, or if the device shows evidence of unauthorised engineering. If the nature of the repair falls outside the terms of your warranty or guarantee, then you may incur a charge for the repair to cover inspection, labour and postage costs.
- If your device is inspected by any third party repairer, this will void the warranty given by Gizmotec on your device.
- All software related repairs will not be covered by our standard twelve  month warranty. Software repairs are covered by a twenty eight  day guarantee.
- Battery related repairs come with three  month warranty.
- The warranty offered covers all parts and labour associated with the repair works undertaken. For example, if you pay for a screen repair and the screen becomes faulty, you will be covered with our twelve  month warranty. If any additional faults occur that are not related to the original repair, these will not be covered under warranty and will incur additional charges if you wish to rectify such issues.
- All warranty claims have to be reported within the warranty period and returned to our premises within two  weeks from the date the claim is reported.
- In order to start a warranty claim please navigate to the appropriate device on the Repair Wizard and select the ‘Warranty Repair’ option, in addition to any other faults that you believe are covered by the warranty. Please disregard any prices shown. If your device is found to be covered by the repair warranty then any costs shown will be removed from your order prior to returning to you.
- If at any point during the given warranty period a device becomes defective, in the first instance we will attempt to repair and resolve the issue/s. However, should we be unsuccessful then a refund to your original payment method will be offered. This will only be issued if the the reported defects can be verified by us. See the Payment and Returns sections for further details.
- Please remove any Password/Pin Code/iCloud lock that might prevent our testing department from fully diagnosing your device, without this account information we will be unable to uphold the given warranty.
- If you wish to cancel your repair, you must do this before you have sent the device to us. To cancel, please do so via your account on gizmotec.co.uk.
- Once we have received the device, depending on the repairs that need to be carried out, we may not be able to cancel however, wherever possible, we will endeavour to do so as per the cancellation request. Cancellation requests of this nature, should be made via email to [email protected] or via telephone on 020-3651-7540 during our opening hours.
- Once we have received the device you will be liable to pay any costs associated to the pre-agreed use of the offered Royal Mail Postage Service or Courier Collection Service, prior to the return of any goods received. We reserve the right to hold received goods until such services have been paid in full. Failure to do so with in twenty eight  days of approval of the cancellation request means you are authorising Gizmotec to dispose of your device in any way we deem appropriate. For more information see Payment in section nine .
13. No Fix, No Fee Policy
- We offer a no fix, no fee policy on repairs undertaken.
- Where we have been able to verify a fault/defect with your device but are unable to resolve these issues then there will be no charge payable for attempted repair works, unless otherwise stated.
- The no fix, no fee policy is only applicable to any cost attributed to parts, labour and return postage relating to the individual repair case. This excludes any pre-agreed use of the offered Royal Mail Postage Service or Courier Collection Service. See Payment section for further details.
- If upon receipt of your device we are unable to replicate any faults with your device there will be a processing charge of £11.99, payable in advance of us returning the unit to you. This is to cover cost incurred of returning your device and also the administrative costs. See the Payment section for further information regarding payment requests.
14. Waterproof Units
- Similar to replacing the battery on a waterproof watch, a repaired unit that was previously waterproof will no longer be. Only the original factory of manufacture has the capability of creating a watertight seal, so please be wary of anyone claiming otherwise.
- You assume full responsibility for any liquid ingress incurred to a device that has been repaired/opened by us, and therefore by default, any loss, financial or otherwise, you may suffer as a result.
15. Network Blocked & Jailbroken Devices
- Gizmotec will not repair any device that is reported lost or stolen, often referred to as “blocked”.
- We use nationally recognised software which connects to the GSMA Global Blacklist Registry.
- If discovered prior to a repair case being confirmed then we will not authorise your repair case and your quotation request will be cancelled.
- If discovered after a repair case has been generated and we have received your device at our repair centre we will notify you of such. The device will be returned to you unrepaired and you will be liable to pay the cost of return shipping. If you do not pay the requested return shipping charge within twenty eight  days of the payment request, you are authorising Gizmotec to dispose of your device in any way we deem appropriate.
- Devices that have been jailbroken, rooted or running third party ROMs will not be repaired without also returning the device to an official and trusted operating system. In the event that it is not possible to return the device to a stock ROM, the device will be returned unrepaired under the no fix, no fee policy.
- After the initial repair, should the original problem persist we will attempt to repair the unit again under warranty. If the problem persists after this we will need to physically verify that the fault genuinely exists before issuing a full refund on the works provided and any additional cost of shipping incurred by you, excluding costs associated to the pre-agreed use of the offered Royal Mail Postage Service or Courier Collection Service.
- We will also return the handset to a non-working state with original or similar to original faulty parts.
- Refunds will be made to the original payment method.
17. International Customers (Outside UK)
- Please note we are unable to process any international orders. Any repair requests received will not be confirmed as we are unable to progress with these.
18. Your Data
- Please remove any Password/Pin Code/iCloud lock that might prevent our testing department from fully diagnosing your device before posting it out to us.
- Backup any data before sending your device for repair, while we will always try to leave data intact the responsibility is solely yours. Gizmotec cannot be held liable for any loss of data or any subsequent losses incurred as a result of the loss of data.
- SIM and memory cards should be retained and not sent with the device as we cannot be held liable for their loss.
- By sending your device to Gizmotec, you agree to release us from all claims, damages or losses with respect to the device, any data stored therein or on any media used in conjunction with the device. This includes, but is not limited to, personal details, messages, email, photos, applications and music. We accept no responsibility in relation to the security, protection, confidentiality or use of such data and it is the responsibility of the customer to ensure that such data is removed from the device before sending the device to Gizmotec. This does not affect your statutory rights.
- Backup any data before sending your device for repair, while we will always try to leave data intact the responsibility is solely yours. Gizmotec cannot be held liable for any loss.
- If for whatever reason your device is damaged beyond economical repair through our negligence or willful misconduct, our liability will be limited to the cost of providing you with a replacement product that is the same or similar to your device.
- When we receive a defective device, our repair technicians will usually need to open the unit to either diagnose or repair it. This does come with an element of risk and may result in some minor damages to your device. We always do everything with in our power to ensure that this does not happen, however if any damage occurs and the damages are significant we will offer a replacement or repair.
- Certain repairs on certain models will result in the failure of another, non-essential feature. We will always inform you of any such repairs prior to your acceptance of a repair quotation.
20. Privacy & Third Parties
21. Emailing & Messaging
- We aim to respond to all emails and messages within twenty four  hours, providing they are received between 12:00 pm Sunday to Thursday. Emails and messages received between 12:00 Friday to 11:59 Sunday may not be responded to until 17:30 Monday.
- Please note, that messages and notes left on the repair case order notes via the website may result in a longer response time compared to emailing us directly on [email protected].
- The return shipping method offered by Gizmotec is Royal Mail 24 Tracked which means that your parcel should be delivered on next working day and insures loss of items up to £100.00. If you would like to insure your item for a higher value, please select the appropriate shipping option. The cost associated will be clearly listed.
- If you would like to arrange to use your own courier, we must be notified of this in advance so we can arrange for your parcel to be made ready for dispatch.
- The Royal Mail prepaid postage label, as specified in section five  point three , states that your parcel will be delivered the next working day and offers no level of insurance. If you would like to insure your item for an appropriate value of cover, please arrange your own courier. For information regarding lost or missing parcels please see section five  point six  or section ten  point seven .
- Royal Mail state that they aim to deliver the next working day – click here to read more. However, in certain circumstances it may take up to ten  working days, please click the link to read Royal Mail’s Terms And Conditions.
- Please contact our customer support on [email protected] if your repair case has not been marked as received within forty eight  hours of postage so we can resolve it with Royal Mail quickly.
23. Weekend Service
- We currently do not open Saturday or Sunday.
- All our repairs and services are subject to standard UK VAT. This will be specified throughout the quotation and order completion process. All prices shown on our website are inclusive of UK VAT.
25. Promotional Discount Codes
- REPAIR5 – This voucher code (REPAIR5) will only be accepted against qualifying orders if the voucher is physically provided with with the device being repaired. This voucher cannot be used in conjunction with any other promotional offers, coupon based or otherwise. To qualify the order total must be a minimum of £50.00, otherwise this voucher code will not be accepted. This voucher cannot be exchanged for any monetary value. This voucher code must be applied when placing an order at gizmotec.co.uk.
- NEW5 – This voucher code (NEW5) will only be accepted against qualifying orders, and cannot be used in conjunction with any other promotional offers, coupon based or otherwise. To qualify the order must be the first order placed by a user (determined by username) on gizmotec.co.uk, otherwise this voucher code will not be accepted. This voucher cannot be exchanged for any monetary value. This voucher must be applied when placing an order at gizmotec.co.uk.
26. iOS 11 Update
- We have seen an increase in LCD issues due updating to iOS 11. After installing the update, a wide variety of issues are currently being caused, from screen malfunction to inadequate battery life. We advise that our customers do not update to any new iOS until patches are released and all problems rectified. This is an issue with Apple and not due to any repair conducted by us and will not be covered by our warranty.
- If you wish to make a complaint, please email [email protected] or call 020-3651-7540 during our opening hours as advertised on gizmotec.co.uk.
28. Company Information Of Gizmotec Limited
- VAT Registration Number: 139179877
- Company Registration Number: 8149227
- Registered Address: Unit 6 Redlands Centre, Redlands, Coulsdon, Surrey, CR5 2HT